Start Calla Lilies in Pots
- Plant your calla lilies from tubers.
- Plant the tubers in 6 to 8-inch (15 to 20 cm) pots.
- In warm climate areas you can plant the tubers directly.
- Bury the tubers 3 to 4 inches (7.5 to 10 cm) below the surface of the soil.
- Place the pots so that they get enough sunlight.
- Keep the soil moist until the plants begin growing.
Plant Calla Lilies in Outdoor Beds
- Plant in a section that receives ample daylight and has enough moisture
- Before planting, enrich the soil with organic mulch to assist it retain moisture. This should be done if you’ve got rocky or sandy soil.Calla Lilies
- Place the plants a minimum of twelve inches (30 cm) apart.
- Water the plants well and keep the soil damp throughout the season.
- Fertilize the flowers frequently employing by using a plant fertilizer.
- Stop watering and feeding the plants at the top of the season. This enables the soil to dry out and therefore the plants to die out.
- Dig the calla lilies out of the bottom simply before the winter season arrives.
- Grab the plant near ground and rock it back and forth till the soil round the base loosens, then rigorously pull the tuber from the bottom.
- Sift through the soil along with your hands or flip it rigorously with a hand tool to search out any little tubers that fashioned underground however did not have time to grow a plant.
- Cut all remaining stuff from the tubers, then lay them within the sun to dry for a couple of days.
- Store the tubers in dry moss within a poke. Keep them at ten to fifteen degree Celsius.
- Break clusters apart into single tubers before planting them within the spring.