Indian summers or hard core winters, the right strategy to sow and grow seeds will help you develop your garden with the best flowers, vegetables, herbs and much more.
Enlisted below are a few pointers that will guide you right from the first step.
1. The first step involves assimilating the best seeds and all other planting material at one place. Planting materials would include planters, potting soil, tools.
2. Make sure that you use the right quality of seeds to make sure they germinate. While potting, use Magic Soil. It is an amazing mix, especially for the summers. It has 20 times more water holding capacity than normal soil which makes it a perfect replacement for the summers. So, you do not need to water them very often since it releases water for the plant as and when required.
3. Once you have collected all the material, you are ready to sow your seeds. Use planters with small holes at the bottom to ensure proper drainage. Place the soil inside it filling it 3/4th.
4. The next step is sowing the seeds. Distribute the seeds inside on the soil, making small holes in it and placing them inside it. Make sure you do not over crowd the seeds so that there is enough light and air circulation.
5. Next is the critical seedling stage. At this stage, the seeds have germinated and there are small underdeveloped root systems. At this stage, make sure the soil is moist and not soggy as it might prevent oxygen from reaching the roots.
6. A small tip at this stage would be that you should never handle the seedlings with the stem but by the leaves.
7. The seedling now has to grow into a full fledged plant and blossom. For this proper maintenance needs should be there. Make sure the seedlings are not kept in direct sunlight.
Try and keep them in shade However, they should receive certain amount of sunlight as well. So do not keep them in complete dark as well.
For more tips and tricks, you can always visit our Gardenesia blog section.
Happy Gardening! 🙂
At Gardenesia, we have the complete solution for our customers who are seeking support regarding their plants and flowers. When customers have chosen the generous and environmental friendly habits, we are available round the clock to cater their all in one need. Here are some ways to plant flower seeds in pots in just 5 perfect steps:
Buy Perfectly Sown Seeds : A perfectly sown seed is becomes a perfect flower future on. It is highly recommended to buy from an authentic nursery where seeds are sown in a proper way. At Gardenesia, you can buy seeds online. Apart from seeds we have flower bulbs online by which you can choose from a wide variety and according to your need.
Choose Appropriate Containers and Pots : Gardenesia believe in quality over quantity. We have introduced biodegradable containers which are perfect for newly sown seeds. You have to just germinate seeds inside our ceramic pots and results will be great after some time. Our pots are well ventilated according to plants. You will wonder that plants needs ventilation, but this is the fact, the holes below pot let the airflow pass through the soil which maintains the oxygen level inside soil which is important factor in growth.
Use Good Soil : The most important factor in germination of seeds is the use of proper soil; a good soil nurtures seeds and helps it to become a sapling after some time. You can say that a good soil provide comfort to seed which can later become a good flower. Our Magic Soil helps to germinate flower in a proper way and it provides all the essential nutrients to the seed which is helpful for future growth.
Sow Carefully : Keep your pot in a well-ventilated area where there is no abundance of fresh oxygen and sunlight. During extreme temperature conditions like in summers it is recommended to water your seed properly and provide cover from scorching heat of sunlight. During winters we advise you to repeat same process and sometimes there is scarcity of sunlight in winter season, so whenever you get opportunity to show some sunlight to your pot just do it because sunlight is an essential factor for growth of winter flower bulbs.
Use Proper Gardening Tools : At Gardenesia, we provide you the best tools for your seeds and soil. Soil needs periodical digging to remove fungus, so to make it easy we have best gardening tools. At some occasions when stems of flowers grow in an irregular way, proper cluttering is needed to make it uniform. From Gardenesia you can buy perfect cluttering tools.